We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Gingivitis is a serious disease that can affect the appearance and the overall function of your teeth and gums. If you are looking for a qualified periodontist in Burke, the team at Dental Associates of Northern Virginia in Burke can provide you with the periodontal services necessary to help you look your very best and to keep your teeth and gums in the best possible condition now and into the future. Our periodontics office will work with you to determine the right options for you and your family.
Periodontal disease is also referred to as gum disease or gingivitis. It is an infection of the gums that causes redness, swelling and bleeding of the gums, which may be more pronounced when brushing or flossing. During the early stages of gingivitis, the progress of the disease can often be reversed by following the advice of a qualified periodontist. Your gum disease specialist will evaluate the condition of your teeth and will provide you with a carefully crafted treatment program that will stop these issues from affecting your dental health in the future.
If you fail to consult with a qualified gum disease expert, the effects on the health of your teeth and gums can be severe. In advanced cases, gum disease can cause your gums to recede from your teeth, damaging the support structure for front and back teeth alike. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more commonly referred to as the CDC, has compiled statistics that indicate that chronic gum disease affects nearly half of all Americans over the age of 30. Periodontal disease is the number one reason for tooth loss among adults. The good news is that at our dental office we provide periodontics in Burke to help you manage the issues involved in this disease.
What Do Periodontists Do?
In addition to their regular dentistry degree, your periodontist has undergone two to three years of education in the proper management of gum disease, dental implants, gum contouring and more. This provides the added knowledge and skill needed to perform your procedures so you realize the maximum benefits and get your proper oral health back. By working with a gum disease specialist from our office, you will ensure the best possible results for your needs.
The Services Offered by Our Periodontics Team
Along with professional diagnostic and preventive care, our team also offers specialty services that are specifically designed to provide added help for patients with gum disease. Some of the most important services offered by the periodontics team at Dental Associates of Northern Virginia in Burke include the following:
- Periodontal disease treatment: Options include expert cleaning and maintenance services for patients with gingivitis. By working with a qualified gum disease expert from our dental office, you can receive treatments designed to slow the progress of gingivitis and periodontal disease and to keep your teeth as healthy as possible.
- Dental implants: A good solution for many patients who are suffering from severe gum disease and who have lost teeth to this ailment. Implants are used as attachment points for dentures, artificial teeth, crowns and bridges. Our team will work with you to determine whether dental implants are the right choice for you.
- Oral pathology and oral cancer: Diagnostic services to identify oral pathology and oral cancer are also available from Dental Associates of Northern Virginia in Burke. This can provide you with early warning of issues that could be affecting your health and that could potentially be life-threatening.
- Gummy smile: A condition in which the gums grow over the teeth, which can significantly affect the appearance of your teeth and your smile. Our dental team will work with you to determine the right cosmetic approach to sculpting the gums to frame your teeth in the most attractive way possible.
- Crown lengthening: These procedures are also used to remove excess gum development around the tooth, which will allow easier brushing and care for your teeth and gums.
- Gum grafting: This procedure is used to resolve issues with too little gum tissue around the roots of your teeth. This can result in bone loss, decay and cavities if not resolved quickly and effectively. Our team will work with you to determine whether gum graft surgery is an appropriate solution for one or more teeth with excessive exposure.
We work with you to determine the most practical approach to your dental care and to make sure that your experience with Dental Associates of Northern Virginia in Burke is as painless as possible. If you need a new dental home, our team is ready to work with you to provide the most affordable and practical solutions for you and your family.
Call Today for a Consultation with a Periodontist in Burke
If you need a highly skilled periodontist in Burke, give us a call today at (703) 935-2879 to schedule an appointment with our team. Our experts will provide you with the care you need to start smiling with confidence again. We look forward to the opportunity to work with you.