We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: July 7, 2016
Sniff out the Most Common Causes of Halitosis
According to family dentistry experts, a wide range of factors can cause halitosis, which is simply another name for bad breath. Discover the reasons and remedies for this embarrassing dental condition.
Good Reasons for Bad Breath
Are you suffering from bad breath, but unsure of why you have it? Review all of these reasons to learn what’s causing your condition:
- Poor oral hygiene habits, which can leave bacteria and plaque that emit a foul odor in your mouth
- Failure to get regular check-ups and cleanings, along with dental procedures, from an affordable dentist
- Pungent foods and drinks, such as garlic, onions, and coffee
- Dry mouth due to a decreased flow of saliva, which cleanses away built-up bacteria and food
- Smoking and other tobacco use
- Oral infections
- Some medications
- Certain medical disorders and conditions
How To Help Halitosis
The way to treat most cases of bad breath is with good oral hygiene. Follow these simple tips to keep your breath at its best:
- Brush twice a day to remove plaque and food that remains on your teeth.
- Floss at least once a day.
- Brush your tongue to remove built-up bacteria that leads to halitosis.
- Drink plenty of water to avoid dry mouth.
- Go to an affordable dentist at least two times a year for dental check-ups and cleanings.
- Stop smoking.
- Have any dental problems treated immediately.
- Get any post-surgical wounds examined by an affordable dentist.
- Discuss any medical conditions and medications with a family dentistry expert to see if these may be causing bad breath.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Northern Virginia, make an appointment.
Dental Associates of Northern Virginia offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Northern Virginia. With 5 affiliated practices throughout Northern Virginia, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental Associates of Northern Virginia, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental Associates of Northern Virginia.