Bonding Teeth: A Great Solution for Minor Cosmetic Problems
Cosmetic dental bonding allows our dentists in Northern Virginia to restore your brilliant smile. Bonding is a cosmetic procedure used to make small corrections in a tooth’s appearance. The procedure uses tooth-colored resin to fill in or cover small defects in tooth enamel. After the resin is applied, a special light is used to bond or attach the material to the natural tooth. Bonding material lasts from three to 10 years under normal conditions.
What Can Cosmetic Dental Bonding Do for Me?
Dental bonding can accomplish many things including the following:
- Repair decayed teeth
- Lengthen short teeth
- Alter tooth shape
- Restore chipped or cracked teeth
- Improve the look of discolored teeth
- Close gaps between teeth
- Protect exposed tooth roots when gums recede
- Replace cosmetic amalgam fillings
Advantages and Disadvantages of Bonding Teeth
- Less tooth enamel is removed than with other procedures
- Bonding is easy and inexpensive compared to other restorative procedures
- The procedure can usually be accomplished in one visit
- Bonding teeth does not require anesthesia
- Bonding materials may chip or break
- Repaired areas are less stain resistant than crowns
- Bonding materials are less durable and will not last as long as materials used to make veneers, fillings, and crowns
How to Care for Bonded Teeth
To care for bonded teeth, practice good oral hygiene by brushing twice daily, flossing every night, and rinsing with antiseptic mouthwash every day. Avoid chewing on your fingernails, ice, pens, and other objects. Never use your teeth to open bottles. See your dentist in Northern Virginia for regular checkups and professional cleanings.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Northern Virginia, call Dental Associates of Northern Virginia today at (703) 398-1242 or make an appointment.
Dental Associates of Northern Virginia offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Northern Virginia. With 6 affiliated practices throughout Northern Virginia, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Dental Associates of Northern Virginia, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Dental Associates of Northern Virginia.